Search for system registry errors and unneeded files that can be safely removed.
Baku allows you to search for system registry errors and unneeded files that can be safelly removed.
* Deletes empty folders, 'History' folder contents, 'Recent documents' folder contents, 'Temp' folder contents, temporary internet files, cookies.
* Searches Windows log files, shortcuts to missing files and folders and user specified file types.
* Registry scan removes unused and obsolete keys, including ActiveX/COM, Application Paths, Fonts, Help files, Icon files, Sound files, Uninstall Programs and Windows Installer.
* The registry is automatically backed up before any changes are made.
* Implements the Department of Defense clearing and sanitizing standard DOD 5220.22-M, to give you confidence that once deleted, your file data is gone forever.
* Clears MRU lists from many applications including Media Player, eMule, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip, etc.
* Compacts the registry hives to the minimum size possible.
* Heuristic based scanning of applications MRU lists.
* Ability to backup and restore the entire system registry.
Compacting the Registry
The registry files in Windows can become fragmented over time, occupying more space on your hard disk than necessary and decreasing overall performance.
The program works by recreating each registry hive "from scratch", thus removing any slack space that may be left from previously modified or deleted keys. Note that this function does NOT change the contents of the registry in any way, nor does it physically defrag the registry files on the drive. The optimization done is simply compacting the registry hives to the minimum size possible.