Most of the time capturing screenshots using Print Screen doesn’t turn out the way you want to. Luckily there’s a great free tool called Lightscreen that will make capturing great screenshots very simple.
Lightscreen is a simple tool to automate the tedious process of saving and cataloging screenshots, it operates as a hidden background process that is invoked with one (or multiple) hotkeys and then saves a screenshot file to disk according to the user’s preferences.
* Can execute at Windows startup (hidden or displaying the main window).
* System tray icon for easy access.
* Five configurable actions, each with it’s own hotkey (screen, window, area, etc).
* Multiple image formats (PNG, JPEG, etc) and image quality selector.
* A notification when the screenshot is taken.
* Screenshot delay
* Dynamic translations
* Magnifying glass
* Screenshot ‘Save As..’
* Cursor support.
* Multi-monitor support.