Similarity is a useful program that helps you to find and remove similar, duplicate musical files (MP3, WMA, OGG, WAV, FLAC, APE, WV, MPC) with the same or similar sound content, music tags (ID3,WMF,Vorbis). This is the best program where similarity of a sound part is checked, not just music tags or file content (byte to byte comparision). In addition the program analyzes the artist, title, album information from the music tags contained in the audio files and compare these with the appropriate entries in other files.
You can adjust sensivity of searching criteria to find exact or similar files. In this way it is possible to identify similarly titles with smaller differences. Duplicate files can be deleted or browsed. The list of duplicate files can be sorted, exported to playlist, and acted upon.
You may not realize how many duplicate music files you have on your computer, after numerous downloads from the Internet, or scattered over your home or corporate network. Duplicate files are in most cases redundant and unnecessary, so keeping them is merely a waste of valuable hard disk space. Your hard drives may be full of extra copies of audio files waiting to be removed. Similarity will help you reclaim your valuable disk space and organize your music collection.
* Three powerful comparing algorithms (content based, tags based and experemental).
* Support lossy formats: MP3, MP2, OGG, WMA, ASF.
* Support lossless formats: FLAC, APE(Monkey Audio), WV(WavePack), MPC(MusePack), WMA.
* Support ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2, WMA, Vorbis tags.
* Find files with same sound content (not byte to byte comparison, using sound analyzing).
* Tag editor (support MP3,WMA).
* Tag/file renaming tool.
* Very fast sound content scanning.
* User friendly.
* Works with removable media devices like USB, etc.
* Search local PC and over network.
* Find duplicate from a selected set of folders.
* Show files tags and properties.
* Results can be exported to playlist.