SmitFraudFix is a free antivirus download that removes the Zlob trojan downloader and the malware that Zlob installs. SmitFraudFix can be run under Windows XP or Windows 2000 and is available for both English and French installations. While SmitFraudFix is offered free, the developer does accept donations on his website.
SmitFraudFix can remove a wide range of Zlob-related malware and other unwanted software; a list of many of these can be found below. New versions are constantly released, so be sure you always have the latest copy of SmitFraudFix.
Rogue Scanner Removal ListSmitFraudFix can be used to remove the following: Advanced Antivirus, AdwarePunisher, AdwareSheriff, AlphaCleaner, AntiSpyCheck, AntiSpyware Expert, Antispyware Soldier, AntiVermeans, AntiVermins, AntiVerminser, AntiVirGear, Antivirus 2009, AntiVirus Lab 2009, Antivirus Master, Antivirus XP 2008, AntivirusGolden, AVGold, Awola, BraveSentry, IE Defender, Internet Antivirus, MalwareCrush, MalwareWipe, MalwareWiped, MalwaresWipeds, MalwareWipePro, MalwareWiper, Micro Antivirus 2009, MS Antivirus, PestCapture, PestTrap, Power Antivirus, Power-Antivirus-2009, PSGuard, quicknavigate.com, Registry Cleaner, Security iGuard, Smart Antivirus 2009, Smitfraud, SpyAxe, SpyCrush, SpyDown, SpyFalcon, SpyGuard, SpyHeal, SpyHeals, SpyLocked, SpyMarshal, SpySheriff, SpySoldier, Spyware Vanisher, Spyware Soft Stop, SpywareLocked, SpywareQuake, SpywareKnight, SpywareRemover, SpywareSheriff, SpywareStrike, Startsearches.net, System Antivirus 2008, TheSpyBot, TitanShield Antispyware, Total Secure 2009, Trust Cleaner, UpdateSearches.com, Virtual Maid, Virus Heat, Virus Protect, Virus Protect Pro, VirusBlast, VirusBurst, VirusRay, Win32.puper, WinAntiSpyPro, WinHound, Vista Antivirus 2008, XP Security Center, X Password Generator, X Password Manager, and XPert Antivirus
Downloader Removal ListSmitFraudFix can also remove codecs and other objects used to install the Zlob downloader trojan: Brain Codec, ChristmasPorn, DirectAccess, DirectVideo, EliteCodec, eMedia Codec, EZVideo, FreeVideo, Gold Codec, HQ Codec, iCodecPack, IECodec, iMediaCodec, Image ActiveX Object, Image Add-on, IntCodec, iVideoCodec, JPEG Encoder, Key Generator, LookForPorn, Media-Codec, MediaCodec, MMediaCodec, MovieCommander, MPCODEC, My Pass Generator, NetProject, Online Image Add-on, Online Video Add-on, PCODEC, Perfect Codec, PowerCodec, PornPass Manager, PornMag Pass, PrivateVideo, QualityCodec, Silver Codec, SearchPorn, SiteEntry, SiteTicket, SoftCodec, strCodec, Super Codec, TrueCodec, VideoAccess, VideoBox, VidCodecs, Video Access ActiveX Object, Video ActiveX Object, Video Add-on, VideoCompressionCodec, VideoKeyCodec, VideosCodec, WinMediaCodec, and ZipCodec
How to Use SmitFraudFix
SmitFraudFix is a free antivirus download that removes the Zlob trojan downloader and the malware that Zlob installs. These instructions describe how to use SmitFraudFix properly. While it takes only a few minutes to get the scan started, it may take several hours for the scan to complete. However, the computer can be left unattended while the scan runs.Difficulty: EasyTime Required: 5 minutes to run; scan may take several hours to complete
- You will first need to download SmitFraudFix. Even if you've downloaded SmitFraudFix in the past, it's a good idea to download it again to be sure you have the latest copy.
- Locate the downloaded copy of SmitFraudFix and double-click it to run the program.
- Select option 1 and press Enter if you wish to create a report file listing suspicious items on the system.
- Reboot the system into Safe Mode. Do not skip this test.
- Once the sytem has been booted into Safe Mode, locate the downloaded copy of SmitFraudFix and double-click it to run the program.
- Select option 2 and press Enter to start the cleaning process.
- If prompted to clean the registry, select Y (yes} and press Enter.
- If prompted to replace an infected file, select Y (yes} and press Enter.
- Depending on the speed of your system, the scan may take up to a few hours to complete. When it has finished, press the spacebar to reboot the system. If a timer appears, do not interrupt it; the system will automatically reboot when the countdown is complete. A log file of the cleaning process will open in Notepad after you've rebooted.
- If SmitFraudFix resolves your malware issue, consider making a small donation to the SmitFraudFix developer to support his efforts.