Speed Up Windows 7 BootIf you have new processors like dual-core or quad-core processor, let’s lower the boot time of Windows 7.
1. Click on Start, enter “msconfig” into the search field
2. Open the “boot” tab
3. Click on Advanced
4. Check “Number of proccessors” and select “2″ or “4″ from the dropdown menu. (obviously, you can only select it if you have a dual-core/quad-core).
Speed up Windows 7 Taskbar Thumbnail Preview
1. Click on Start, enter “regedit” into the search field.
2. Goto: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse
4. Now the thumbnail previews should appear lot faster.
Speed Up Windows 7 Shutdown Time
1. Open the registry editor (enter regedit into search field)
2. Go to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control”
3. Lower the value (12000 is the default value = 12 seconds) to a value of your choice
Do you have any suggestion or any others tricks to increase the performance of windows 7, feel free to comment.